Medical Director, Occupational Health Services
- Position Type
Medical Director, Occupational Health Services – Summa Health - Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking a board certified/board eligible Medical Director of Occupational Health Services to join our employed physician group, Summa Health Medical Group. The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System and will be based at one of our busiest health centers located in Cuyahoga Falls, OH.
There are 6 Summa Corporate Health Centers within the system. Summa Health centers are linked to a network of free-standing and hospital based emergency departments whose emergency medicine physicians are equipped to provide the right treatment. All of our Summa Corporate Health locations offer access to physical therapy, occupational therapy and rehabilitation.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Occupational Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Urgent Care, and/or Emergency Medicine
- Unrestricted Ohio License or willingness to obtain
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification
- Treat/Evaluate work related injuries; provide direct patient care to patients and employees, including physicals
- The successful candidate will have the following skills: suturing, reading X-rays, familiarity with foreign body removal
- 3+ years of clinical experience with leadership responsibilities, preferred
- Oversight of Nurse Practitioner(s) is required
- Licensure and ability to conduct DOT exams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive compensation
- A flexible schedule can be offered—4 or 5 day work week
- Full support staff: 6 Nurse Practitioners, 3 Medical Assistants, Athletic Trainer, worker’s compensation specialist, MRO assistant, billing rep, receptionist, practice manager, RN director
- This is a working Medical Directorship role; approximately 60% clinical, 40% administrative
- Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city at the center of multiple major transportation routes and only 40 minutes from Cleveland.Akron is surrounded by lush greenery and adjacent to Cuyahoga Valley National Park. In 2015, Forbes Magazine named Akron, Ohio as one of America’s 20 most affordable cities. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and world class shopping.Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
Apply for Medical Director, Occupational Health Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly