- Position Type
Seeking a system wide Medical Director to provide management of the hospitalist Program- providing services to our three hospitals.
The Chief Hospitalist provides clinical leadership in creating strategic plans for the growth and development of clinical services.
The Chief actively supports and promotes patient safety, continuous performance and quality improvement, risk management, and efficient resource utilization linked to evidence based medicine. He/she demonstrates responsiveness to the concerns and needs of physicians and fosters a close relationship between and among physicians, management and clinical staff. The Chief role models collaborative, interdisciplinary teamwork with a focus on shared success. Primary duties include:
- Recruitment and retention of physicians to serve as hospitalists
- Oversight of quality measures and outcomes for the program
- Interaction with referring physicians and attention to their concerns
- Performance management of hospitalist team
- Assure appropriate and cost effective staffing models across the health system
- Ensure that quality and patient satisfaction scores are met.
- Serve as a liaison between the hospitalist program and various other clinical departments
- Work with nursing and other members of the clinical team to design and implement care protocols so as to ensure optimal care of hospital patients
- Work with other areas of the health system to accomplish system goals as they pertain to the hospitalist program
Must be board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine as well as ACLS and BLS certification, state licensure, DEA certification.
Candidates must have at least five years of hospitalist experience in addition to administrative experience with strong demonstrated leadership skills. Strong business skills strongly preferred.
Apply for Chief Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly