Consultant Acute Care Geriatrician - Chief of Staff Office
- Position Type
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
The successful person will be responsible to coordinate and manage the assessment and care of patients admitted through the Emergency Department to Acute Care Wing (ACW), and the Long Term Care Service and Hospice Care.
- Exceptional Care
- Strong Partnerships
- Healthy Community
Key responsibilities include:
- To see as many older +/- frail patients referred for admission as close to the front door as possible
- A discharge plan to be provided upon the first review in the Emergency Department in collaboration with the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT)
- Expedited discharge or transfer to appropriate ward
- All patients must have a clinical frail assessment using the appropriate tools
- Assist with the development of Frailty, Extended Care Programme, Hospice Care, Inpatient, Outpatient, and Community Services for long term care including the older adult, young and disabled care
- Assist and develop policies and procedures for the frail older adult, physically challenged and hospice clients
- Assist with the coordination of services between programmes
- Provide liaison between King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Government and voluntary agencies
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- GMC Specialist Registration and training in Geriatric Medicine
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, 4 of which should be exposure to Geriatric Services
- Current registration with Medical Council in relevant jurisdiction
- Eligible to register with Bermuda Medical Council
If you want to make a difference, and if your experience and qualifications match the above criteria, visit www.bermudahospitals.com, and apply through BHB Jobs NOW.
Select “Work at BHB” and follow the steps.
Pre-employment substance abuse screening is mandatory for all successful candidates.
Human Resources, Craig Appin House
8 Wesley Street, Hamilton HM11, Bermuda
Tel: (441) 239-2955
Apply for Consultant Acute Care Geriatrician - Chief of Staff Office
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly