BE/BC Emergency Medicine Physician
- Position Type
Join Our Group of Pioneering Emergency Physicians in Minnesota
Emergency Physicians Professional Association (EPPA) is looking to expand our physician group in Minnesota with BE/BC Emergency Medicine Physicians.
EPPA is an independent, physician-owned and led group in Minnesota. Our physicians power the emergency departments in 7 hospitals across the state in addition to three free-standing facilities owned and operated by the group. Bring your expertise in emergency medicine to Minnesota today.
Immediate Openings Across Minnesota
As a BC/BE Emergency Physician with EPPA you can expect:
- Innovative partnership with success-driven peers
- Top compensation
- Generous retirement plan and moving stipend
- Individual ownership within two years
- Outstanding support from EPPA-trained scribes
- Attention to work-life balance
- Exciting leadership opportunities
Live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes
- All-season activities for outdoor enthusiasts
- Best hiking trails in the nation
- Water sports on nearby Mississippi River and lakes
- Thriving local art scenes
- Exceptional schools and education systems
- Superior healthcare services and healthy economy
- Friendly, family-focused communities
Join Our Team Today
EPPA Physician Job Description
Essential Role: Provides professional medical services to complement the delivery of primary health care services at EPPA hospital emergency room or clinic; where applicable, provides clinical leadership and supervision of mid-level providers, physician scribes and medical support staff. Works closely with the EPPA Medical Director and medical support staff to ensure quality of care.
Education and Experience:
- Understands ethics of confidentiality.
- Previous computer experience or training required.
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and any vaccinations recommended by OSHA Guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises assigned mid-level providers in the conduct of clinical care and delegate’s authority and responsibility when and where needed.
- May supervise assigned physician scribe in the emergency department or urgent care.
- May reviews assigned mid-level provider and/or physician scribe patient charts to check for quality of care, completeness, and accuracy.
- Provides medical evaluation, treatment and consultation services to patients of the emergency department or clinic.
- Responds to emergencies and answers medical questions.
- Obtains and documents, or causes to be obtained and documented; appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family and social history, review of systems, examination, medications and allergies, assessment and plan for each patient.
- Provides medical orders for prescriptions, administration of medications, ancillary testing, and/or referrals.
- Reviews ancillary test results and coordinates notification to the patient.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Available to patients personally or through clinical staff to answer questions and relay information regarding their care.
- Completion of appropriate paperwork to comply with insurance and reimbursement guidelines.
- Completion of all documentation and paperwork within EPPA guidelines.
- Works closely with the Medical Director and/or Medical Clinic Director to provide leadership and medical direction for emergency department and /or the clinic.
- Attends all staff, clinical, board or other special meetings as requested.
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by supervisors.
- Represent EPPA at functions as requested.
- Supports the mission of EPPA.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Communicates with the emergency department and/or clinic partners and patients.
- Responsible for approving and maintaining treatment protocols utilized by mid-level staff.
- Assists with orientation and training of midlevel providers.
- Physician shall review an adequate sample of mid-level and physician scribe medical records with particular emphasis on the appropriateness, efficiency, and quality of care provided. When the review of said medical records shows that corrective steps are necessary, physician shall take appropriate corrective steps, in collaboration with the appropriate administrative, supervisory or clinical personnel.
- Participates in public relations and community outreach activities, as clinic shall from time to time reasonably request.
- Provides assistance with OSHA, emergency preparedness, infection control and regulatory compliance.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy degree required.
- Current State of Minnesota MD or DO licensure required.
- Current DEA certificate required.
- Board Certification in Emergency Medicine.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of the position and people in the position.
Apply for BE/BC Emergency Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly