- Position Type
Harlem Hospital Center is a 286-bed hospital that is a UNICEF-designated Baby Friendly Hospital and a designated Stroke and AIDS Center. Its new Mural Pavilion contains a number of treatment facilities, including a state-of-the-art emergency department. Since the Pavilion opened, emergency room visits have increased by 13 percent. Patients receive the highest levels of preventive, primary and acute care in a multitude of specialties. Harlem Hospital Center is an Area-Wide Burn Center and Level I Trauma Center. The facility has been recognized as providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Harlem Hospital Center services nearly 275,000 outpatient visits, more than 80,000 emergency room visits and nearly 13,000 admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
We are currently seeking a full-time Attending Anesthesiologist to join our thriving department at Harlem Hospital Center.
- Advises Anesthetists and Surgeons in cases where age or condition of patient presents unusual or complex problems.
- Recommends suitable anesthesia, advises on dosages and consults on post-operative complications.
- Reviews case histories and is responsible for all matters pertaining to Anesthesiology.
- Lectures to and trains Anesthetists, Residents and auxiliary staff. Attends clinical conferences. Administers anesthesia.
- Performs related work as required.
- Graduation from medical school of recognized standing with the degree of Doctor of Medicine.
- Completion of an acceptable internship in an approved hospital.
- A license to practice Medicine in the State of New York.
- Three years of specialized experience in the field of Anesthesiology.
Apply for Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly