Program Director needed for Internal Medicine Residency Program in FL
- Position Type
Aventura Hospital's residency program for Internal Medicine is looking for a Program Director. Program Director shall be responsible for the development and operation of the Internal Medicine Residency Program and shall oversee the activities of the residents and other faculty members.
1. Requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to the Review Committee, which includes at least five (5) years as an active faculty member in an ACGME accredited internal medicine residency and three (3) years of graduate medical education administrative experience.
2.Current ABIM certification.
3.Current medical licensure and appropriate medical staff appointment.
HCA East Florida is seeking an Internal Medicine Program Director to lead the hospital in the development and implementation of a new ACGME Internal Medicine Residency Program in Broward County. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
- Must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine or an Internal Medicine Sub specialty
- Must have practiced in Internal Medicine or an Internal Medicine Sub specialty for a minimum of 3 years
- Must have 5 years faculty ACGME IM Residency experience
- Must have 3 years experience in and Administrative role
- Must have recent scholarly activity( publications, presentations, book chapters in the last 5 years is preferred)
- Must be an active member of the ACOI
- Previous leadership / administrative experience
- Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching)
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Candidates with prior Program Director or Associate Program Director experience, recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
Apply for Program Director needed for Internal Medicine Residency Program in FL
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly