Medical Director - Emergency Medicine
Hospital-employed full-time opportunity is now available for a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Medical Director at Ellis Medicine, an advanced Upstate New York community hospital.
Ellis Medicine is the sole provider of acute hospital care in Schenectady County. The Ellis Hospital facility features state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, a modern 36-bed Intensive Care Unit and one of the most advanced health information technology systems in Northeastern New York. Behind every decision and every action is our underlying objective; to provide better care for every patient – one patient at a time.
Physician’s Duties hereunder shall include providing comprehensive professional emergency medical services to Emergency Department Patients (“Patients”)and serving as the Medical Director and Chairperson of the Hospital’s Emergency Department
- Competitive salary
- Production Incentive Bonus
- Potential Sign-on Bonus
- Malpractice (Occurrence) Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability Insurance Plans
- CME Stipend, $4,500
- 403(b) TSA & 457 qualified deferred compensation plan retirement programs
- 5 years after completion of clinical training in Emergency Medicine
- Previous experience managing a program in a Level I or II trauma Center.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Continuing Medical Education and remains current on the developments and progress in his/her subspecialty
- Additional certification as required by New York State for Emergency Medicine Physicians.
- New York State Medical License.
- American Board certified in Emergency Medicine
- Medium-sized city with suburban surroundings
- Numerous recreational, educational, cultural opportunities
- Central location to NYC, Boston, Montreal
- Near Saratoga Springs, Lake George, Vermont skiing, Adirondack Park
- Affordable housing, excellent schools