General Internal Medicine Associate Director
- Position Type
Geisinger is seeking a BC Internal Medicine trained physician for an Associate Director, Division of General Internal Medicine outpatient opportunity at Geisinger Medical Center (GMC) located in Danville, PA.
Outpatient internal medicine is a marathon and Geisinger has been breaking records for some time. Known for our innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models, Geisinger offers internal medicine physicians an excellent working environment with numerous resources at their fingertips.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven skills in operations, specifically people management and relationship building to facilitate day to day running of the division
- Superior clinical skills with an interest in serving as a mentor for medical students, residents and all level of staff. A track record of research is desirable but not essential
- Insight into current market forces to help grow the division
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
With Geisinger you can take advantage of:
- A manageable patient panel & patient schedule
- All patients over 65 receive 40-minute appointments, allowing providers quality time to care for senior patients
- Additional support from our embedded pharmacists, case managers, nurse navigators, triage nurses, behavioral health specialists and social workers
- Resources that assist physicians with routine tasks & mandated regulations, allowing you to focus on patients
- Ongoing enhancements to our fully-integrated Electronic Health Record (EHR - EPIC)
- Advanced, nationally recognized, patient-centered medical home model
- An emphasis on patient experience, quality of care and teaching residents and medical students
- A faculty appointment in the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine at the appropriate academic rank is supported
Geisinger providers receive a comprehensive compensation and benefit package, including malpractice coverage with tail, paid relocation, generous CME time and allowance, and much more. In addition to a competitive salary, providers enjoy ample paid time off to allow for a rewarding work/life balance. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
Geisinger Medical Center (GMC), located in Danville, Pa., the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region’s only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women’s health, oncology and orthopaedics amongst others.
For more information, please contact: Tammy Bonawitz, Talent Management at email@example.com or 570-214-4777
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver.
** We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Apply for General Internal Medicine Associate Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly