Physician-Pediatrics - Allergy and Immunology
*ACADEMIC FACULTY-PEDIATRIC ALLERGY: ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Banner Health Tucson, AZ 85724
- Accepts J1 Visas: No
- Accepts H1B Visas: No
- Loan Assistance:No
- Practice Type:Hospital Employee
- Academic Opportunity:Yes
- Remote Opportunity:No
- Verified Date:07/22/2019
- Job ID:472450
The Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Allergy and Immunology at the University of Arizona seeks a qualified candidate to join group at the Assistant or Associate Professor level on the Clinical Scholar Track. The successful candidate will join a well-established team of specialists to support the educational, service and research missions of the College of Medicine and Department of Pediatrics. The individual in this position will be expected to contribute significantly to the clinical, educational and service functions of the section. Clinical members with University Physicians Healthcare are affiliated with The University of Arizona Medical Center and Diamond Children's Medical Center. Research opportunities are also available in the Steele Children's Research Center and the Arizona Respiratory Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend in Pediatric Allergy Clinics including outreach clinics.
- Participate in Pediatric Allergy / Immunology consult service
- Participate in the continued development of an allergy service including allergen skin testing and desensitization programs
- Diagnose and treat diseases and conditions with allergic or immunologic causes
- Examine patients; utilize skin prick/intradermal/patch tests, blood tests and other relevant procedures as diagnostic aids
- Analyze reports and test results and prescribe treatment or medication for conditions, such as bronchial asthma, dermatological disorders, connective tissue syndromes, transplantation, autoimmunity; and immune deficiency
- Refer patients to ancillary and consultant services when indicated.
- Complete medical records in a timely and legible fashion
- Responsible for fellow/resident/medical student education in pediatric allergy and immunology
- Participate in the College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonary Center Educational Programs
- Participate in the Asthma Clinical Research Program of the Pediatric Pulmonary Section
- Conduct other scholarly endeavors as appropriate
- Author chapters and/or reviews in pediatric allergy/immunology
- Participate in local, state, and national committees/programs
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Arizona medical license obtained by start date
- BE or BC in Pediatrics
- Board certified or board eligible in Allergy Immunology
- Ability to perform allergy related procedures including allergen skin testing, allergen desensitization
- Experience in the care of children with immune deficiency
- Research related to asthma and/or allergic diseases
- Outdoor Adventures: golfing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, swimming and nearby skiing.
- Heritage and culture: galleries, old preside, museums, missions
- Culinary: great selection of cuisine with vibrant, newly renovated downtown
Banner – University Medicine, withlocations in Phoenix and Tucson, makes the highest level of care accessible toArizona residents. Academic medicine provides patients the best health care hasto offer in the areas of research, teaching and patient care.
Banner – University Medical Center Tucson,formerly University of Arizona Medical Center – University Campus, isconsistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious BestHospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report and has the Magnet®designation for outstanding nursing care.
Banner – UniversityMedical Center Phoenix, formerly Banner Good SamaritanMedical Center, is a nationally recognized academic medical center, highlyregarded for its expertise to treat some of the most complex medical cases. Itis the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to collaboration with theUniversity of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix.
Banner – University Medical Center South,formerly University of Arizona Medical Center – South Campus, is acomprehensive medical center with an Emergency department, a state-designatedtrauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. It is a state-accreditedCardiac Receiving Center and is designated a senior-friendly hospital by NursesImproving Care for Healthsystem Elders.
Banner University Medical Center offers excellent compensation plus incentives, fully paid occurrence based malpractice, paid CME plus allowance and outstanding benefits that provide security for you and your family
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
Facility & Location InformationBanner Children's at Diamond Children's Medical Center
1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 Physician-Pediatrics - Allergy and Immunology
Apply for Physician-Pediatrics - Allergy and Immunology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly