Critical Care Intensivist
- Position Type
Excellent Opportunity for Critical Care Intensivist
Mercy Hospital of Buffalo in Western New York has an opening for a board eligible/certified Critical Care Intensivist. This is a Hospital employed position. Candidates will be well supported by a team of specialty trained advanced practice providers and nursing staff. This Hospital based inpatient practice coordinates high value Critical Care Services to one of the region s high acuity hospitals, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo. It is designed as a high-performing provider care network that manages care-delivery through seamless and well-coordinated protocols for critically ill inpatients.
KEY JOB FEATURES
- Full Time
- Employed - Hospital
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Provide a full scope of critical care services.
- Demonstrate ability to implement and maintain an inpatient critical care service.
- The successful candidate will create collaborative partnerships with colleague physicians, midlevel providers, and ancillary staff.
- Critical Care expertise in Neurocritical Care, Pulmonary/Critical Care and Cardio-Thoracic Critical Care.
- Passion for delivering high-quality, value-based versus volume-based care.
- Preference for real-time, data-driven clinical decision-making.
- Desire to be part of an organization that is committed to excellence.
- Board certified, or board eligible, MD or DO with advanced graduate medical education and training in Critical Care.
- Current, unrestricted, New York State license or NYS Licensure in progress and active on date of hire.
- Current, unrestricted federal, and as needed state, prescriptive authority.
ABOUT MERCY HOSPITAL OF BUFFALO
Established in 1904, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is one of the largest and busiest hospitals in the region, serving Buffalo and its surrounding communities. Along with a wide range of medical, surgical and maternal/child services, the hospital houses the Catholic Health Heart Center, providing a full range of cardiac care services including heart surgery and the latest minimally invasive cardiac procedures. Mercy Hospital serves as a Joint Commission-accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center with physician experts and capabilities to diagnose and treat the most complex stroke cases. The hospital is also home to the state-of-the-art Mercy Emergency Center featuring 32 private treatment rooms and a rooftop heliport. Mercy Hospital of Buffalo also has the Family BirthPlace providing a full spectrum of maternity/child services and a neonatal intensive care unit.
Work in an ever improving facility, recent renovation plans include:
- A new addition of 20,000 square feet of OR space
- A new MRI suite in an 8,100 square-foot addition
Work in top rated facility:
- Mercy received the National Research Corporation (NRC Health) Excellence Award for Large Hospitals 300+ beds (over 700 hospitals in that category). The reward is given to organizations for their commitment to enhancing care experiences.
- Mercy s critical care nursing team earned the Beacon Award for Excellence by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo is an American Heart Association/JACHO Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Mercy Hospital is a Stroke Gold Plus Quality facility per the American Stroke Association/American Heart Association
- Mercy Hospital is a 5 Star Hospital for the treatment of Respiratory Failure
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo received the American College of Cardiology Platinum Achievement Award
ABOUT CATHOLIC HEALTH IN BUFFALO
- Catholic Health has 5 hospitals throughout Western New York State
- Catholic Health s network includes OBGYN, Primary care and specialty centers
- Catholic Health geographically covers two counties
- Catholic Health provides acute, outpatient and ancillary services, including Cardiac, Vascular and Orthopedic Excellence
- Catholic Health has over 8000 employees
ABOUT WESTERN NEW YORK
Buffalo is located in Western New York State and is a beautiful waterfront city that offers all four seasons with numerous outdoor recreational activities to enjoy an active lifestyle all year round. Buffalo and Western New York provide many of the large city amenities such as theater, great food, excellent schools, great cultural events, without being encumbered by high costs, traffic and overcrowding. It is currently experiencing a rebirth and revitalization, which has changed the landscape as well as the opportunities for fun.
SALARY & BENEFITS / INTERESTED APPLICANTS: Catholic Health offers competitive physician salaries and excellent benefits. Interested applicants should reply with a current CV and a cover letter (with salary requirements) to the attention of:
Bridget Conti, Catholic Health Physician Recruitment, 144 Genesee Street, Buffalo, NY 14203
No solicitations from third-party recruitment firms (retained and contingency) and locums companies.
Apply for Critical Care Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly