USE YOUR SKILLS TO HEAL OUR NATION'S DEFENDERS.
- Position Type
You can make a difference when Soldiers and their families need it most. As an emergency medicine physician and officer on the U.S. Army health care team, you’ll have access to the latest and most advanced technology and techniques. You’ll lead a welltrained critical response team when patients require immediate medical attention. Working alongside many dedicated professionals at the top of their fields in one of our state-of-the-art medical facilities. If you choose the Army Reserve, you can continue to work in your community and serve when needed. For either path you may choose, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, surrounded by dedicated professionals who share your values and a passion for excellence.
Active duty -
- Full-tuition scholarship for those qualifying specialties, which includes a monthly stipend of over $2,200.00
- Receive up to $120,000 to repay qualifying loans to lending institutions (paying up to $40,000 annually over a maximum three-year period) through the Active Duty Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (ADHPLRP). Active Duty Obligation is 1 year-for-year receiving loan repayment with a minimum period of 2 years on Active Duty
- • $276,000 signing (accession) bonus. Payments will be paid in four annual payments. The first payment will be requested upon completion of Basic Officer Leadership Course (BOLC) and arrival at first duty station. The remaining three payments will be made on the anniversary date of the first payment.
- Travel opportunities, to include humanitarian missions
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
- A military retirement system that blends the traditional legacy retirement pension with a defined contribution to service members’ Thrift Savings Plan account
- No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Commissary (grocery) and post exchange shopping privileges
Army Reserve –
- $75,000 special pay, paid annually in increments of $25,000 for up to a total of three years. Must have completed a residency program in your specialty
- Receive up to $250,000 for repayment of education loans (up to $40,000 maximum per year)
- Specialized training assistance and a monthly stipend while enrolled in an accredited residency program. Recipients must be a U.S. citizen and will serve in the Army Reserve for a determined amount of time after completing their residency
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply if they have a permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Between 21 and 42 years of age
- U.S. citizenship
- In addition to the above qualifications, citizenship or permanent U.S. residency is required for Army Reserve officers
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
Apply for USE YOUR SKILLS TO HEAL OUR NATION'S DEFENDERS.
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly