Hospitalist Physician Lead
- Position Type
An excellent Hospitalist Physician Lead opportunity exists with the Westmed Medical Group - a large, progressive, and financially thriving physician-owned, multi-specialty practice. Within commuting distance from NYC, CT, and NJ, we offer an excellent, competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are actively seeking BC/BE experienced Hospitalist Physician Lead to manage and supervise our Hospitalist teams at White Plains and Greenwich Hospitals. The Hospitalist Physician Lead would work Monday to Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm at White Plains Hospital primarily, with visits to Greenwich Hospital for rounds and other meetings as needed. There would be an expectation that s/he will round on patients as well, but would not carry a regular hospitalist panel size.
Our Hospitalists dedicate much of their time to the safe transitioning of care for our hospitalized patients, and closely collaborate with all providers caring for such patients, to ensure the highest quality of care to both our patients and their families. Ideal candidates should possess strong skills in inpatient evidence-based medicine, medical teaching, interpersonal communication and resource management. Physician will be responsible for providing complete, comprehensive clinical care for all patients. Physician provides clinical care services including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, and coordination of care, preventative and health care maintenance to patients. Physician works collaboratively with all providers as a multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive, compassionate health care to all patients.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities at both hospitals :
- Review the admission list daily to identify high risk patients, and formulate “plan for admission” Weekly “table rounds” at both hospitals to review high-risk patients and coordinate plans of care with hospitalists, Transitions in - Care case managers, and Complex Care Lead N.P.
- Run quarterly meetings for hospitalists to review progress on quality metrics, metrics tied to value based care contracts, and active issues in the program
- Work with hospitalists to promote continuity of care for patients across admissions Participate in hospital committees related to readmission and length of stay
- Meet regularly with leads of hospitalist programs at both hospitals to review respective programs and opportunities for collaboration
- Work closely with NPs in our Complex Care program to promote efficient care processes for high-risk patients
- Develop quality metrics for hospitalists, track hospitalist performance on measures longitudinally, and develop approaches to incentivize hospitalist performance on metrics
- Perform quarterly performance reviews for each hospitalist
- Regular assessment of staffing needs at both hospitals. Regular review of hospitalist financial productivity
- Development of program to promote patient discharge to preferred SNFs
- Medical Degree Active Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.) license in the state of New York or Connecticut as required
- Board Certification
- Active DEA license BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Demonstrated commitment to WMG mission, vision and values Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge