- Position Type
ABOUT KAISER SCPMG
At Kaiser Permanente, we believe we are the future of health care. We’re hiring exceptional physicians to provide the best in care to our patients and help us transform health care in America. The Southern California Permanente Medical Group (SCPMG) is fortunate to have 70 years of stability and experience in delivering high-quality, innovative health care. With sub-specialists in virtually every area of medical and surgical practice, SCPMG is home to more than 6,500 physicians serving 4 million members. Our medical group and Kaiser Permanente's integrated health care model are the foundation for providing patients with award-winning health care.
The advantages of working with us reach far beyond our comprehensive network of support and state-of-the-art electronic medical records system. As part of our cross-specialty team, you’ll also have access to a compensation and benefits package that’s designed to impress you.
If you would like to work with an organization that gives you the tools, resources and freedom you need to get the best outcomes possible for your patients, come to Kaiser Permanente.
Situated near the scenic shores of the Pacific Ocean in a location that's rich with history and alive with culture, Kaiser Permanente's San Diego Medical Center is a destination of choice for physicians who crave the world-famous Southern California lifestyle. The only hospital in the city to receive the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation (NRC), we provide care for over 542,000 members in all major specialties and subspecialties. Our exceptional services also earned us three blue ribbons for outstanding health care from the Pacific Business Group on Health. Our on-site operations are complemented by 25 satellite medical offices located throughout the county. In North County San Diego, Kaiser Permanente offers a full a range of services at seven medical office locations and at Palomar Medical Center through our longstanding collaboration with Palomar Pomerado Health.
- More than 1,100 physicians and over 7,700 support staff
- A 414-bed hospital including a 78-bed Emergency Department
- Primary Care services in the areas of Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Continuing education programs accredited by both the American Medical Association and the California Medical Association
- A Knee and Sports Medicine fellowship program that provides extensive specialized training in Arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery
- A strong internal education program enhanced by a close association with the School of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
- Residency affiliations in General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Gastroenterology
- Several physicians who hold teaching and clinical appointments at UCSD
- Clinical studies conducted in collaboration with the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other national research programs, which involve our departments of Allergy, Cardiology, Neurology, Vascular Surgery, Gastroenterology, Orthopedic Surgery and Hematology/Oncology, among others.
- Multiple weekly case conferences, lectures and discussions
- KP HealthConnect®, a highly sophisticated electronic medical record system that integrates a member's inpatient, outpatient and clinic records with appointments, registration and billing
• Board Certified or Board Eligible
• Geriatrics experience OR Geriatric Fellowship strongly desired.
• Experience with SNF a plus.
• Bilingual Spanish a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Apply for Geriatrician Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly