Geriatrics Medical Director Opportunity - Pudget Sound VA - Tacoma, WA - Outstanding VA Benefits...
- Position Type
VA Puget Sound Health Care System (VAPSHCS) is pleased to announce an opening for a full-time CLC Medicine Director with advanced training and/or experience in Geriatric Medicine preferred. This is an opportunity to join the Geriatrics & Extended Care Service Line in: on the American Lake Community Living Center (CLC); in the Outpatient setting with our Geriatric Patient-Aligned Care Team (GeriPACT), and; as a member of our Geriatric Medicine training/education program. This is an outstanding opportunity in the beautiful lakeside setting of the American Lake Division, where year-round recreation, entertainment, arts, and culture abound in a spectacular natural setting.
The goal of care is a fully engaged partnership between the Veteran and the health care team to achieve whole person care. The Veteran is the focus and most important member of the team and is invited to take an active role on the team in managing his or her health care. Within the team, there is an emphasis on prevention and health promotion to help the Veteran meet individualized health care goals.
The CLC includes a wide range of both long and short stay treating specialties within continuing care, skilled nursing, rehab, restorative care, respite and Dementia Care. The GeriPACT focuses on care of medically complex, higher level management patients on the panel and patients experiencing acute exacerbations of the chronic conditions.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be B/E or B/C
- Must have full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in ANY U.S. State
Community, Facility and Organization
The VA Puget Sound Health Care System, with divisions in Tacoma (American Lake) and Seattle, is the largest and most comprehensive VA facility in the Pacific Northwest region. The Health Care system is a major referral medical center, serving veterans from Alaska, Washington, Idaho, and Oregon. Veterans are referred to the health care system's nationally recognized Spinal Cord Injury Center of Excellence; marrow transplant unit; deployment health clinic; radiation therapy program; rehabilitation program; prosthetics and limb loss prevention program; Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center; GRECC; Center of Excellence in substance abuse treatment and education; and HSR&D program. Additional outpatient clinics provide primary care, specialty care, and mental health care at both divisions. Additionally, there are 15 inpatient beds with staff from the American Lake Division stationed at Madigan Army Medical Center. The VA Puget Sound Health Care System manages and operates several Community Based Outpatient Clinics in western Washington to bring primary care closer to veterans. An additional clinic is planned for the South Sound area. The Health Care System also operates a Mobile Medical Unit and makes monthly visits to the rural communities of Aberdeen, Shelton, and Morton
Affiliated with the University of Washington and more than 50 nursing, dentistry, pharmacy, social work, and psychology schools, VAPSHCS trains over 1,590 allied health care professionals each year in audiology and speech pathology, dietetics, radiology, optometry, podiatry, occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreational therapy, psychology, health information management, information technology, medical informatics, and other health care programs.
The healthcare system receives more than $33 million in VA and non-VA funding. This strong, diversified base of support maintains the competitive edge of VAPSHCS as a leader in world-class research for such areas as hypertension, diabetes, Alzheimer disease, prosthetics and amputee care, rehabilitation, mental health, neurodegenerative disorders, obesity, cancer, and pulmonary diseases. The system also is a polytrauma network site, providing lifelong rehabilitation and care coordination for Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom combat-injured veterans.
Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC): Bellevue, Bremerton, Federal Way, Mount Vernon, North Seattle and Port Angeles.
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service
About the VA
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
Apply for Geriatrics Medical Director Opportunity - Pudget Sound VA - Tacoma, WA - Outstanding VA Benefits...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly