OB/GYN Residency Program Director - Central Illinois
Carle’s Graduate Medical Education department is seeking a dynamic physician leader to direct our efforts in developing Carle’s NEW OB/GYN Residency Program.
Position Details Include:
- Founding Program Director is responsible for developing and implementing the framework for the OB/GYN Residency Program, including the initial accreditation process with the goal of the first class starting in 2021.
- This unique and highly visible position, reports to the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) with additional reporting relationship to the Medical Director, Women’s Health Services.
- Program Director will have dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, and research initiatives and provide oversight and development of the OB/GYN Residency program. In addition, the Program Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to develop and lead the fellowship program; approximately 50% clinical and 50% administrative.
- Carle Foundation Hospital, a Magnet designated and Baby Friendly facility, serves as the exclusive site for clinical training.
- With over 20 years of GME, our institution has five high-quality, fully accredited residency training programs.
- Clinical practice interests provide opportunity to join a robust, full service Women’s Health Service line with an expanding Children’s Specialty Services.
- Engaged core group of clinical providers include specialists in the following areas of practice; OB/GYN, OB Hospitalist, MFM, Reproductive Medicine, Urogynecology, and Gynecologic Oncology. Additional clinical / educational support from skilled, robust Advanced Practice Provider and Midwifery teams.
- Medical Student teaching and research opportunities available with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine.
- Preferred candidate must be board certified in OB/GYN and/or subspecialty certification.
- Minimum of 5 years faculty teaching experience with OB/GYN Residency required; academic leadership experience serving in assistant/associate or program director role preferred.
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer-reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publications or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees and/or educational organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
Excellent benefit package: health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
Carle is a vertically-integrated health system serving more than 1.4 million people across east central Illinois. Celebrating our third Magnet ® designation for superior nursing care – a standard only 8 percent of hospitals in the United States meet - and named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals in 2019 by Healthgrades, the 433-bed regional hospital is home to the area’s only Level I Trauma Center and Level III Perinatal Services. Carle Physician Group is physician-led and includes more than 500 doctors in 80 specialties and subspecialties providing patient-focused, world-class care. Carle has secured Great Place to Work ® in Healthcare honors in 2018 and 2019. Carle has also partnered with the University of Illinois to create the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
Apply for OB/GYN Residency Program Director - Central Illinois
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly