OB/GYN Residency Program Director - Central Illinois
- Position Type
Carle’s Graduate Medical Education department is seeking a dynamic physician leader to direct our efforts in developing Carle’s NEW OB/GYN Residency Program.
Position Details Include:
- Founding Program Director is responsible for developing and implementing the framework for the OB/GYN Residency Program, including the initial accreditation process with the goal of the first class starting in 2021.
- This unique and highly visible position, reports to the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) with additional reporting relationship to the Medical Director, Women’s Health Services.
- Program Director will have dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, and research initiatives and provide oversight and development of the OB/GYN Residency program. In addition, the Program Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to develop and lead the fellowship program; approximately 50% clinical and 50% administrative.
- Carle Foundation Hospital, a Magnet designated and Baby Friendly facility, serves as the exclusive site for clinical training.
- With over 20 years of GME, our institution has five high-quality, fully accredited residency training programs.
- Clinical practice interests provide opportunity to join a robust, full service Women’s Health Service line with an expanding Children’s Specialty Services.
- Engaged core group of clinical providers include specialists in the following areas of practice; OB/GYN, OB Hospitalist, MFM, Reproductive Medicine, Urogynecology, and Gynecologic Oncology. Additional clinical / educational support from skilled, robust Advanced Practice Provider and Midwifery teams.
- Medical Student teaching and research opportunities available with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine.
- Preferred candidate must be board certified in OB/GYN and/or subspecialty certification.
- Minimum of 5 years faculty teaching experience with OB/GYN Residency required; academic leadership experience serving in assistant/associate or program director role preferred.
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer-reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publications or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees and/or educational organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
Apply for OB/GYN Residency Program Director - Central Illinois
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly