Physician Specialist/Psychiatrist, Family Court Mental Health Services
- Position Type
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
- The Physician Specialist/Psychiatrist conducts comprehensive Court-ordered evaluations, writes detailed reports and testifies as an expert witness.
- Conducts a variety of forensic clinical evaluations, including but not limited to any specifically designated by Court or FCMHS to be conducted by psychiatric physician, in compliance with program requirements and quality standards. Performs all necessary components of such evaluation (except psychological testing).
- Writes formal evaluation reports, in compliance with program requirements and quality standards. Provides court-ready reports of all complete evaluations and comprehensive drafts of any partial evaluations one or more scheduled workdays in advance of court or clinic due dates, except in emergency or expedited cases.
- Testifies as expert witness, in compliance with program requirements and quality standards.
- Begins testimony preparation one or more hours in advance, expect in emergency or expedited cases.
- Serves as the primary psychiatric/medical consultation resource at FCMHS. Available for ad hoc and/or scheduled consultation by FCMHS colleagues program-wide on case-specific or general psychiatric/medical issues as needed. At discretion of program leadership, participates in psychiatric/medical consultation and collaborative initiatives with the court and other agencies.
1. Graduation from an approved medical school.
2. Completion of approved residency or fellowship in the specialty or sub-specialty and Board eligible or certified or Subboard eligible or certified.
3. Five years experience in field of specialty or subspecialty acceptable to the Medical Board of the Hospital.
4. Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or mail your resume, noting Job ID #37584, to:
NYC Health + Hospitals / Central Office
Human Resources Department
55 Water Street, 26th Floor
New York, NY 10041
Attn: Recruitment Unit
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.