Community Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Position Type
WVU Medicine seeking Community Emergency Medicine Physicians
WVU Medicine is seeking qualified candidates to join our over 65 full-time faculty members across diverse community emergency departments throughout north central West Virginia. Multiple practice sites create career opportunities for Emergency Medicine physicians looking for a variety of clinical experiences anchored by affiliation with the WVU School of Medicine.
- St. Joseph's Hospital (24,000 visits) is located in the central WV college town of Buckhannon where clinical opportunities and medical student and resident teaching are available.
- Grant Memorial Hospital (13,000 visits) located in Petersburg, WV offers a unique low volume practice opportunity with all the support of a large academic program.
- Potomac Valley Hospital (12,000 visits) located in Keyser, WV. Country setting in the eastern mountains of West Virginia.
- Reynolds Memorial Hospital (12,000 visits) located in Glen Dale, WV. Located with 2 hours of Pittsburgh, PA and Columbus, OH.
- Camden-Clark Medical Center (55,000 visits) located in Parkersburg allows ED faculty to teach medical students and residents in a brand new ED to be completed Fall 2016. $50,000 signing available at this location!
- Locums Tenems positions. Flexibility of schedule and practice sites available while covering internal sites as well as community ED’s throughout WV. All the benefits of locums with the support of a large academic program.
Successful candidates must have an MD, MD/PhD or DO degree (the employer accepts foreign educational equivalent) and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license. Completion of an accredited emergency medicine residency program required for most positions, opportunities are available for alternate boards (FM, IM) with significant ED experience.
Morgantown and North Central, WV are consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities. Please enjoy our recruitment video and information about West Virginia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoOWuPZl-8g
To apply or learn more, please send your CV to Angel Greathouse, Senior Physician Recruiter & Talent Advisor at email@example.com and visit our website at http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/som/em/.
WVU is an AA/EO employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
Apply for Community Emergency Medicine Physicians
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly