- Position Type
Senior Clinician: Clinical Research Support
Division of Intramural Research (DIR)
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
The NICHD Division of Intramural Research (DIR) is recruiting for a Senior Clinician (HS) to direct the Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship Program at the NICHD DIR and engage in clinical research at the NIH Clinical Research Center (CRC) in the areas of pediatrics, endocrinology, and genetics.
This is an important position that will allow us to serve the mission of the NIH, NICHD, and the CRC. The successful individual is expected to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary research teams, to facilitate clinical research at the CRC and affiliated sites, and direct pediatric endocrine fellowship training.
- The successful candidate will have a M.D. (or equivalent degree) and, ideally, additional post-doctoral or clinical research training.
- The individual must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a physician to practice medicine in the United States and be eligible to be credentialed for patient care by the National Institutes of Health, Clinical Center.
- The individual must maintain current Board certification in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology and meet eligibility criteria to be Program Director of an accredited Fellowship Program.
- The ideal candidate should be an outstanding clinical investigator and academic teacher with matching communication skills and the commitment to conduct high quality clinical research, teach our fellows, and maintain the excellence and growth of a historic Pediatric Endocrine Fellowship Program.
- Successful candidates will function in concert with protocol coordinators, research nurses, and principal investigators to support ongoing clinical research projects and will be integrally involved in the development of new NICHD DIR clinical research initiatives.
Salary is commensurate with training and relevant research experience. Applications for this position will be accepted from December 19, 2018 to January 19, 2019. Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, official transcripts or foreign equivalency, bibliography, a short description of future research interests, and request six reference letters be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 19, 2019. Applications will be reviewed starting January 22, 2019.
More detailed information about NICHD’s Division of Intramural Research may be found at https://www.nichd.nih.gov/about/org/dir
HHS, NIH, and NICHD are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Apply for Senior Clinician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly