Faculty, Endocrinology - Mercer University
- Position Type
About the Position
- Position includes teaching residents and students in both an inpatient & outpatient setting
- Stable faculty and leadership with a financially sound organization.
- Research options available.
- Competitive salary and benefits which include: health insurance, paid time off, and relocation allowance.
Patient Care Duties
- Develop and maintain faculty ambulatory endocrinology practice
- Clinical Care of patients in department
- Provide endocrine consultations, inpatient and outpatient, for Mercer Medicine patients and other patients as requested by community physicians.
- Actively participate in Medical Staff and Hospital Committees.
- Complete all Medical Record documentation requirements as specified in the Medical Staff Rules and Regulations on a concurrent basis.
- Participate and lead in telemedicine consultation and support
- Participate in Mercer Medicine call schedule as required.
Teaching Duties for Internal Medicine Residency & IM Clerkship
- Supervise and instruct Internal Medicine residents, family medicine residents and medical students on endocrine rotations
- Participate in clinical skills instruction as requested
- Develop, implement, accomplish, & monitor goals for endocrine education
- Review and update endocrinology curriculum as needed and at least every three years as required by the RRC-IM
- Provide 6 to 8 core curriculum lectures per year in the area of endocrinology
- Attend endocrine clinic 1 to 2 times per month if requested
- Serve as attending or designate an attending for the residents endocrine elective
- Provide mentorship to IM residents interested in endocrinology fellowship training
- Tutor for Mercer University School of Medicine in selected phase(s)
- Participate in student clerkship lecture series as designated by the clerkship director
Administrative and Research Duties
- Opportunities for research in clinical trials and outcomes research
- Serve on department, hospital, university committees as requested by chairman
- M.D. degree from an accredited college/university
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Board certified/board eligible in Endocrinology
- Georgia medical license or eligibility for licensure in the State of Georgia
- Experience in ambulatory practice setting
- Experience in academic medicine environment highly desirable
Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Commensurate with experience
CV, Cover Letter, References
Apply for Faculty, Endocrinology - Mercer University
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly