- Position Type
Our colleagues are Amazing! Every day!
Lehigh Valley Heart Institute is seeking a BC/BE Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join the cardiothoracic surgery practice provided by an established and well respected Cardiovascular Services Program in Northeast, Pennsylvania.
Our Cardiothoracic team consists of 7 cardiothoracic surgeons and 14 physician assistants. Our comprehensive program offers cardiovascular clinical practices at three campuses along with a large network of primary care and specialists.
- The new CT Surgeon will predominantly perform cardiac surgical procedures. Candidates with an interest and experience in surgical valve repair, as well as thoracic procedures are also strongly desired.
- Robust cardiac and thoracic program with a large referral base.
- Experienced TAVR program with over 800 cases
- Other specialty programs include DT VAD, Convergent procedure, MitraClip, ECMO, Robotic Thoracic surgery, MIS aortic valve replacement, TEVAR, AngioVac, Lead extraction with Excimer laser, HOCM, Mitral valve repair, and Maze procedure
- Call is shared at approx. 1:4
- Advanced Practitioner staff to assist in the pre-op and post-op patient care.
- Dedicated 1st assistants provided in the OR.
- The new cardiothoracic surgeon will become part of a large and growing referral network including over 40 employed cardiologists
- This hospital is offering a highly competitive base salary for the northeast region. They also have in place an incentive program linked to various quality metrics which can significantly increase the earning potential for the new cardiothoracic surgeon.
- Excellent public and private school systems.
- Great quality of life with very reasonable housing costs.
- 5 to 10 years of experience is preferred, however qualified recent graduates will be considered
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- A current PA Medical License or ability to obtain one is required
Benefits & Perks:
- Attractive Work Schedule & Starting Bonus
- Highly Competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Educational Stipend and Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
At Lehigh Valley Health Network, we have a Passion for Better Medicine and to provide first-rate clinical care for the people of our community in Eastern Pennsylvania! Consistently ranked among America’s 100 Great Hospitals we PRIDE ourselves on being the superior Health Network in the region! The highest quality of patient care & patient safety is reflected in our “A” rating by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade and the U.S. News & World Report.
The Lehigh Valley campuses include LVH- Cedar Crest, LVH- Muhlenberg, LVH- 17th Street, and LVH- Tilghman which are located in Allentown & Bethlehem. These locations offer extensive services including Emergency Department, OB/GYN, Cardiology, Psychiatry, Surgical Suites, the regions only Level 4 NICU, the Lehigh Valley’s only Children’s Hospital, and more!
Lehigh Valley area:
The Lehigh Valley is a charming region in Eastern Pennsylvania which is located 1 hour North of Philadelphia & 1.5 hours outside of NYC! The reasonable cost of living area consists of many historic cities such as Allentown, Easton, Bethlehem, and numerous elegant small towns. The region is home to great public schools, safe neighborhoods, prestigious universities, and a strong economy! To learn more about the Lehigh Valley visit: www.discoverlehighvalley.com
LVHN Core Values
Lehigh Valley Health Network is a large non-profit and multispecialty health network consisting of 8 Hospital Campuses in Eastern Pennsylvania! Our 18,000+ colleagues are moving in the same direction and are guided by our PRIDE behaviors (Privacy, Respect, Involvement, Dignity, and Empathy). Click here to learn what it means to wear the LVHN Badge and become #LVHNProud!
Apply for Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly