Nationally recognized GI program expanding
- Position Type
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Illinois is seeking a full-time faculty member to participate in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in departmental and medical school activities. This is an exciting opportunity to take part in the expansion and enhancement of an academic gastroenterology division that is vital to improving the health of the people and communities of central and southern Illinois.
The Department of Internal Medicine and Division of Gastroenterology are committed to the mission of the School of Medicine to assist the people of central and southern Illinois in meeting their health care needs through education, patient care, research and service to the community. Founded in 1970, SIU has received national and international recognition for innovation in medical education and offers a welcoming environment for dedicated clinicians who love to teach.
Memorial Medical Center (473 beds) and St. John’s Hospital (439 beds) serve the community and are teaching sites for SIU SOM. In May 2015, Memorial Medical Center opened the new Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation, expanding SIU’s vision to be a national leader for excellence in healthcare learning and innovation through skills training and simulation labs.
Highlights of the position and area include:
- Maintaining a professional practice through SIU HealthCare, the faculty practice plan and in collaboration with the Division Chief and other faculty members in Gastroenterology and the Department.
- Providing service to the Department, School, and University, including participating on SIU committees, attending departmental faculty meetings, grand rounds, and other functions.
- Collaborating with faculty nationally recognized for innovative medical education, cutting-edge research and quality healthcare.
- Supervising and overseeing educational programs for medical students and residents.
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and University funded malpractice plan.
- Springfield offers family oriented communities, excellent schools, and affordable housing.
- Easy access to metropolitan amenities in Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis.
Qualifications: Must be board certified/board eligible in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois. Demonstrated background and interest in academics. ERCP and/or EUS skills welcomed but not required.
For full consideration: A letter of interest and curriculum vitae should be directed to the executive search firm:
For full consideration: A letter of interest and curriculum vitae should be directed to the executive search firm: ?
Senior Search Consultants
Jordan Search Consultants
Corporate Office: 866.750.7231
Apply for Nationally recognized GI program expanding
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly