Hematology, Flow Cytometry & Blood Bank Director
- Position Type
Rochester General Hospital, located in Rochester, New York is seeking an experienced Hematopathologist to serve as Hematology, Flow Cytometry & Blood Bank Director. Candidates should be Board certified in Clinical Pathology or Anatomic & Clinical Pathology (preferred) with subspecialty board certification in Hematopathology and/or Transfusion Medicine, expertise in neoplastic flow cytometry and coagulation, eligibility for a New York State Department of Health Certificate of Qualification (C of Q for Laboratory Directorship), at least 2-3 years' experience as a practicing Hematopathologist and an interest in teaching
- Join seventeen experienced Pathologists home-based at Rochester General Hospital, the largest hospital of Rochester Regional Health, who are committed to diagnostic excellence, teamwork and clinical collaboration, working in partnership with seven experienced Pathologists at nearby Unity Hospital & ACM Global Laboratories.
- Rochester Regional Health Pathologists cover a five-hospital system, diagnosing a challenging variety of surgical and cytology cases across a wide range of surgical subspecialties, including 75,000 surgical pathology cases, 750 diagnostic flow cytometry cases and 350 bone marrow biopsies/aspirates each year
- The RGH Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine supports an active Transfusion Service, the Lipson Cancer Institute and the Mary M Gooley Hemophilia Center
- In addition to multidisciplinary conferences, teaching responsibiliites include serving as an Instructor in the RGH Clinical Laboratory Technologist Program, the 2nd oldest NAACLS accredited medical technologist training progam in the United States
- Rochester Regional Health pathologists also have opportunities to participate in global clinical trials diagnostics
Rochester Regional Health is an integrated health services organization serving the people of Western New York, the Finger Lakes and beyond. The system provides care from 150 locations, including five hospitals; more than 100 primary and specialty practices, rehabilitation centers and ambulatory campuses; innovative senior services, facilities and independent housing; a wide range of behavioral health services; and ACM Medical Laboratory, a global leader in patient and clinical trials.
The Rochester region’s suburbs feature excellent public and private schools, and a variety of housing options. The Rochester region offers diverse cultural and recreational opportunities year-round, including the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, GeVa Theater Center, Rochester International Jazz Festival, as well as easy access to Manhattan, Boston, Washington, DC and Philadelphia, the Adirondacks and the Finger Lakes.
Apply for Hematology, Flow Cytometry & Blood Bank Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly