Physician - Physical Medicine and Rehab
- Position Type
Valley Baptist Medical Center (VBMC) – Harlingen is the only certified Comprehensive Stroke Center south of San Antonio and the volume of referred Neuro patients has grown exponentially. In addition to the increased neuro population, there has also been significant growth in ortho joint replacement patients as a result of coordination and collaborative programs. These two high quality regional differentiating services require the same highest level of Inpatient Rehab services to provide in the continuum of care.
We are seeking to add an additional employed Physiatrist, with a Co-Medical Directorship, to continue to expand engagement with our physicians and community and to pursue the required certifications that the VBMC-HRL patients deserve.
- Full-time, employed opportunity with Co-Medical Directorship
- Newly remodeled 22-bed Inpatient Rehab Unit within Valley Baptist Medical Center
- Shift based – flexible between providers
- 1/3 ortho, 1/3 neuro, and 1/3 medical patients
- Plans to obtain Stroke CARF Certification
Candidates must be BE/BC and eligible to obtain licensure in the State of Texas.
If you are interested, please submit a copy of your current CV for immediate consideration. All inquiries and personal information are kept confidential.
About The Rio Grande Valley
The Rio Grande Valley includes three major cities (Harlingen, Brownsville, and McAllen) and is one of the fastest growing areas in Texas.
- 1.3 million population
- Service area of 300,000 for VBMC-Harlingen and 200,000 for VBMC-Brownsville
- Year-round semi-tropical weather
- No state income tax/ Tort reform
- Great schools and affordable housing (also the lowest cost of living in the U.S.)
- Golfing, hunting, birding, fishing, and boating
Come see the Tropical Playground of Texas!