Medical Director, Texas Diabetes Institute
- Position Type
University Medicine Associates (UMA) is a mission-driven, non-profit primary and multi-specialty group which is part of University Health System, a nationally recognized teaching hospital and network of outpatient healthcare centers in San Antonio, Texas. When we say our patients come first, we mean it in every way. At University Health System, our UMA provider group practice is modeled around the patient-centered medical home healthcare delivery concept where every patient benefits from a team of experts close to home. UMA offers a unique set of opportunities you can’t find anywhere else.
We are presently recruiting for an experienced board-certified Endocrinologist for the position of Medical Director of Texas Diabetes Institute. The renowned Texas Diabetes Institute is located near the heart of downtown San Antonio, TX.
Primary responsibilities of the TDI Medical Director:
- Direct oversite of endocrinology, neurology, and primary care at Texas Diabetes Institute.
- Collaboration with UT medical directors from Ophthalmology, Renal, Podiatry, Orthopedics, and Healogics for wound care services within TDI.
- Attends all UMA ambulatory & management and CQI meetings.
- Responsible for monitoring/managing provider productivity, quality, and billing.
- Management responsibility of UMA providers to include scheduling, performance evaluation, and training/mentoring.
UMA and University Health System are proud to offer the following:
- Competitive total compensation package (Guaranteed base plus incentive)
- Annual Professional Business Expense Allowance
- Provider Wellness Program
- Affordable Medical Insurance/Benefits
- Generous Paid-Time-Off benefit
- Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan with employer match
Highly qualified and committed Physician Assistants are encouraged to complete an online application at www.universityhealthsystem.com/hr for immediate consideration. Or send CV Rosie Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Current Texas Medical License, Board-certification in Endocrinology and American Heart Association ACLS certification is required.
University Health System is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.
Apply for Medical Director, Texas Diabetes Institute
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly