Medical Director Clinician - Family Medicine or Internal Medicine in San Fr
- Position Type
Seeking Experienced Medical Director for
North East Medical Services in San Francisco
North East Medical Services
North East Medical Services (NEMS) is one of the largest community health centers in the United States (Over 60 providers) targeting the medically underserved Asian population. Based in San Francisco, the nonprofit community health center offers comprehensive healthcare services to a variety of patients, a majority of whom are uninsured or low-income. NEMS offers linguistically-competent and culturally-sensitive healthcare services in many languages and dialects, including Cantonese, Mandarin, Toishan, Vietnamese, Burmese, Korean, Spanish, and Hindi.
This long-established organization serves over 66,000 patients in the San Francisco Bay Area in 11 clinic locations. NEMS is seeking an experienced Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics physician for a Medical Director position in their main clinic located in the North Beach/Chinatown neighborhood of San Francisco. The main clinic offers comprehensive primary care and many specialty services under one roof.
The Medical Director (MD) reports to the Chief Medical Officer and provides leadership in all areas relating to the clinical operation of the main clinic. The MD position
is approximately 70% administrative/leadership and 30% clinical. Physician Team Leaders are in place for the Adult Medicine, Pediatrics and OB/GYN departments at the main clinic and they report directly to the Medical Director. Direct reports also include the Health Education Manager, Mental Health Providers, Optometrist, Chiropractor, Acupuncturist and other clinical or administrative positions involving the clinical staff.
The MD also provides outpatient care in the clinic and takes night/weekend call approximately two weeks per year. There are established Hospitalist programs where inpatient care is provided to NEMS patients.
Medical Director/Outpatient Primary Care Clinician
- Full-time employed position; 5 days per week.
- 70% Administrative/30% clinical.
- NEMS schedules 10 half-day clinics per week for full-time physicians and they see 19-21 patients per day.
- Hospitalist Programs in place for inpatient care.
- Internal and external specialty referral system in place.
- Very light call - 2 weeks per year with additional pay.
- Excellent base compensation plus bonus, with generous and comprehensive benefits.
- Forgivable housing loan available.
- NEMS utilizes NextGen electronic health record system.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must be clinically strong in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics and have at least 2 years of leadership experience.
- Provide high-quality patient care, physician direction, and possess a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Board certified or board eligible with intent to become board certified within a year.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in California.
For additional information regarding this excellent opportunity, please contact:
Jordan Search Consultants
Cell Phone: 573-915-9495
Corporate Office: 636-542-8310
Apply for Medical Director Clinician - Family Medicine or Internal Medicine in San Fr
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly