Assistant Medical Director
This position assists in the planning, coordination, provision, and evaluation of the clinical and operational functions of Mecklenburg County Health Department (MCHD) public health clinics. And provides patient care in public health clinics.
• Displays line authority in making decisions on the day-to-day operations of the clinics.
• Provides input into budget development for the clinics
• Provides oversight and direction for internal operations.
• Provision of medical care to all assigned patients, including appropriate history and physical exam, progress notes, treatment and participation in multidisciplinary treatment planning activities.
• Works with the medical director to develop medical orders/standing orders and appropriate policies and procedures.
• Works with medical director and clinic director to implement quality improvement activities in the clinics
• Provision of medical consultation for MCHD programs; and works with the medical director to provide clinical/medical and administrative supervision of nurse practitioners and physician assistants as indicated.
• This physician may stand in during an absence of the Medical Director as well as provide crucial crisis or medical communications to public.
Experience: Five years of post-residency experience in an accredited medical or surgical specialty with demonstrated increasingly responsible medical and administrative positions in a health care setting.
Experience in a public health setting preferred.
Education: Bachelor's Degree; MD from an accredited college or university school of medicine.
Equivalent Experience for Education Accepted? No
Licenses and Certifications: Valid NC or SC driver’s license and the ability to obtain and maintain a County Operator Permit. Licensed to practice medicine in the state of NC
Clinical experience with Family Planning and STI evaluation and treatment
Basic familiarity with management of Tuberculosis (not necessary but would be a plus)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• The structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, and agency rules, and the political climate.
• Expertise in area of assignment.
• Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Communication – Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
• Building Strategic Work Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Formal Presentations – Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Building Trust – Interacting with others in way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More searches like this
- Family Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Charlotte
- Internal Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Charlotte
- Public Health / Preventive Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Charlotte
- Surgery Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Charlotte