Gastroenterology Opportunity - Albuquerque, NM
- Position Type
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system based in Albuquerque, New Mexico (ABQ). Our integrated healthcare system includes eight hospitals in seven New Mexico communities, a medical group, multi-specialty clinics, and a statewide health plan. We have proudly been providing care to New Mexicans since 1908. The Presbyterian Medical Group employs more than 900 primary care and specialty providers and we are growing.
Presbyterian Medical Group is seeking a BE/BC Gastroenterology trained physician to join our established division as a Gastroenterology department. The Gastroenterology group has 15 Gastroenterologists and 10 Advanced Practitioners.
- Expected work schedule; Monday-Friday (9 hour days), 2 weeks per month, to include rounding and consultative services at Presbyterian Hospital.
- Rounds with patients in the GI Lab 3 days per week.
- Clinic patient visits 1 ½ days per week.
- Must be able to complete ERCP and EUS procedures.
- No weekends or night call required.
- System-Wide EPIC EMR
- Nationally competitive salary with relocation allowance available
- Generous Time Off Program (vacation, sick leave, CME and holiday)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME allowance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional retirement plans - 403b retirement savings program with both matching program and employer contributions
Presbyterian’s story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more one in three New Mexicans with healthcare or coverage.
About New Mexico
Albuquerque thrives as New Mexico’s largest metropolitan center with a metro area population of over 900,000. It offers generous springs and falls punctuated by moderate summers and mild winters. Albuquerque is considered a destination city for most types of outdoor activities with over 300 days of sunshine annually and is recognized as one of the most culturally diverse cities in the country.
We are part of New Mexico’s history – and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke-free campuses.