- Position Type
DaVita Medical Group is looking for a Full-Time Medical Director to join our team in Las Vegas. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
DaVita Medical Group offers competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metrics on quality care while seeing a lower than average census. We provide our clinicians an excellent benefit package which includes leadership pathways, CME reimbursement, paid license renewals and many other benefits, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
If you’re looking to join a community that is making a difference in healthcare, DaVita Medical Group is the place for you. Our initial on-line application process will take you a few minutes to complete! You may also contact Anita Prince at (702) 528-6276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Represent the Office of the Medical Officer in the following areas: quality improvement, care management, risk management, peer review, utilization review, clinical outcomes, and health enhancement.
- Foster a culture of measurement, performance, continuous improvement, accountability, service-orientation and exemplary team work.
- Participate in the mentoring and development of physician managers/leaders.
- Assist in the development, implementation and modification of compensation program and incentives aimed at aligning the interest of clinicians with the goals of the organization.
- Participate in the development and process for physician performance evaluation, physician reward and recognition, physician coaching, peer review and physician discipline.
- Oversee outpatient primary care service line.
- Knowledgeable in the “metrics” of embracing financial and clinical “risk” for a population of lives to include Admission metrics, Readmission management, Transitions of Care elements with experience in all of these areas of care.
- Participate in the development, implementation and standardization of guidelines, protocols and care pathways pertaining to medical care for patients at HealthCare Partners.
- Participate in the development and implementation of medical quality standards and targets, and oversee the achievement of such targets.
- Participate in the credentialing and privileging criteria for physicians and advanced practitioners.
- Participate in the risk management program as well as the approval of malpractice claims.
- Represent DaVita HealthCare Partners and participate in establishing strong and lasting relationships with patients, physicians, clinicians, health plans, and community organizations.
- Must have a M.D. or D.O. degree, and a current and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Nevada.
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate.
- Current Board Certified status.
- Experience in a management role leading physicians in a multi-site and preferably multi-specialty physician organization (5 -10 years preferred).
- Excellent fund of knowledge with respect to the practice of medicine and Quality Improvement processes.
- Knowledgeable with disease management and chronic care programs.
- Knowledge of disease documentation programs to ensure achievement of clinical outcomes for organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and communicate with patients, families, agencies, other physicians and staff regarding patient care.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with full working skills in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent presentation skills in front of groups of physicians and other healthcare personnel.
- Additional business degree (MBA) or health administration degree (MPH, MHA)
About the area
Nevada offers financial, cultural and recreational opportunities beyond compare. There is no state income tax in Nevada. Las Vegas has award-winning restaurants, international-scale shopping venues, and unique entertainment offerings on The Strip. Las Vegas is also home to a bourgeoning cultural arts scene with international festivals, art exhibits and neighborhood and community events that provide something for everyone to appreciate and enjoy. Grand Canyon, Valley of Fire, Zion National Park, Death Valley and Southern California beaches are all within easy driving distance from Las Vegas.
Apply for Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly