PHYSICIAN VICE PRESIDENT - RELIABILITY, QUALITY & SAFETY
- Position Type
Bon Secours Mercy Health has an exciting opportunity for a Physician Vice President in Cincinnati, OH with up to 50% travel required within the markets of the health system.
Two mission-focused systems have joined together to form Bon Secours Mercy Health. Upon completion of our merger, our new system includes 43 hospitals serving 7 states on the East Coast. Our mission to extend the compassionate ministry of Jesus by improving the health and well-being of our communities and bring good help to those in need will continue to be carried out by the hearts and hands of our combined 57,000 employees daily.
This is an exciting time for our ministry as it allows those continuing in their role as well as those new to the organization to create policies and set the standard for our new system that is ranked as one of the top 20 health systems in the nation. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit resume below.
The Vice President has Executive accountability for provider engagement in safety, performance improvement, and accreditation. Provides physician leadership and medical direction for success in meeting all SQP and Board Approved Goals related to the quadruple aim. Oversight for physician leadership in regional and local safety programs and performance improvement initiatives and innovations. Works closely with Vice President of Clinical Effectiveness/Outcomes Management and the Vice President of Safety and Reliability to ensure that overall Quality and Safety targets are achieved through advancing opportunities for highly reliable care. Under the direction of the Chief of Nursing and Quality Officer, ensures that patient-centric, highly reliable care is delivered in a culture of safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUCNTIONS
- Determines the priorities and tactical actions for SQP/BAG success related to standardization of care delivery and harm reduction
- Works collaboratively with subject matter experts and system leads to identify emerging trends for standardization of care delivery and harm reduction
- Sets priorities to ensure BAG success related to standardization and harm reduction
- Drives the standardization and harm reduction priority actions
- Identifies the opportunity for innovation/improvement in standardization and harm reduction
- Ensures spread and sustainability of system wide Culture of Safety and Performance Improvement programs
- Set the strategic plan to advance high reliability through standardization of clinical care processes
- Oversight for the system’s tactical efforts to advance high reliability and standardize care
- Oversight for implementation of the system High Reliability Safety program, including advancing standardization, harm reduction, and high reliability tactics across the system
- Oversight for engaging physicians in the systems Culture of Safety including event reporting, error detection, shared learning, and harm reduction/prevention
- Oversight for the advancement of the strategic plan to standardize care through care pathways, order sets, formulary technology
- Must be an MD or DO
Apply for PHYSICIAN VICE PRESIDENT - RELIABILITY, QUALITY & SAFETY
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly