Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director
- Position Type
St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking an Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director to start a new Emergency Medicine Residency Program, based out of St Luke’s Anderson Campus. The Founding Program Director will be responsible for leading, administering, and supervising all aspects of the Emergency Medicine Residency Program in accordance with the ACGME Program Requirements and Institutional Goals and Objectives.
The Program Director will have dedicated time for administrative, educational, strategic, and research initiatives and provide oversight and development of the Emergency Medicine Residency program and participate in our academic mission through our Temple/St. Luke’s School of Medicine partnership. In addition, the Program Director will be expected to maintain a clinical practice with allocated time to develop and lead the residency program. Program Director and Clinical duties will be split to accommodate.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network, you will enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Exceptional compensation package
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, CME allowance
- Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine,
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Core Faculty member in an ACGME –accredited Emergency Medicine program
- Must be clinically active in Emergency Medicine
- Have previous leadership/administrative experience and strong team building skills
- Willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer-reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publications or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees and/or educational organizations highly encouraged to apply.
About St. Luke’s Anderson Campus
Opened in 2011, Anderson Campus consists of a four-story, 108 bed acute care hospital (soon to be 210 beds), state-of-the-art cancer center, a 75,000 square foot ambulatory surgical center, and medical office building. The 32 bed Emergency Department currently has 45,000 patient visits per year. Private inpatient rooms are state-of-the-art with the latest technology and amenities. Consisting of over 500 acres, Anderson Campus also includes auxiliary gardens, a two-mile walking path, and a pond with a fountain and sitting area to promote wellness.
About St. Luke’s University Health Network
We are the region’s largest, most established health system with 10 hospitals spanning 9 counties.
In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the region’s first Medical School. Repeatedly, including 2017, St. Luke’s has earned Truven’s 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital. St. Luke’s is a member of the AAMC Council of Teaching Hospitals and a Regional Branch Campus and major affiliate of Temple University School of Medicine. To learn more about St. Luke’s, please visit us at www.SLUHN.org
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region’s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly