Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician
- Position Type
Texas Tech Health Sciences Center El Paso (TTUHSC El Paso) is growing at an exponential rate, so we are seeking a dynamic Pulmonary/Critical Care trained physician to join a core group of faculty in developing a new department of Internal Medicine and residency program.
The successful candidate in this position will be employed by TTUHSC El Paso at an academic rank commensurate with qualifications, and will play a key role in standing up clinical and educational programs from the ground up. To include, curriculum delivery, provide teaching experiences for medical students from the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine (PLFSOM) and supervise future resident physicians.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a passion for ambulatory care and teaching
- Desire to be part of a stimulating academic environment
- Have a strong interest in professional development
- Teaching, both didactic and clinical
- Quality improvement
- Conducting scholarly projects
The position requires:
- M.D. / D.O.
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Completion of an ACGME approved Internal Medicine residency program
- Completion of an ACGME approved Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship program
- BC or BE by the American Board of Internal Medicine
Interested candidates may contact: Dan Schuller, M.D. Professor and Chair, Department of Internal Medicine-Transmountain Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso Dan.firstname.lastname@example.org 915.215.8471
El Paso has been ranked within the top 5 "Safest Metro Cities in America 2017" by SafeWise Report. Nestled between the Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande, its residents enjoy 300 plus days of sunshine annually, numerous outdoor pursuits, and a vibrant city life at an affordable cost of living.
Advance your career, align your work-life balance and have a positive impact in a growing community by practicing high quality medicine in a new academic setting.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Apply for Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly