- Position Type
Acclaim Physician Group is currently seeking a Vascular Surgeon to join their team of dedicated physicians and staff.
Acclaim is a multispecialty medical practice group comprised of over 300 providers serving JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate care for every patient, every time.
The Vascular Surgeon is responsible for administering and interpreting all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations within the inpatient and/or outpatient setting. This position will also educate patients about preventative care and prescribed treatments; may also conduct physicals, order tests and serve as a patient's healthcare provider.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates the multidisciplinary care delivered to all patients, to optimize patient care.
- Reviews patient medical charts to diagnose, treat, and provide care management and education to patients and families.
- Makes appropriate patient referrals as necessary.
- Monitors guidelines for the management of care and for ensuring the services are delivered in compliance with the guidelines established by JPS Health Network and Acclaim Physician Group.
- Provides evidence-based and compassionate care to all patients as assigned to improve patient outcomes and increase patient satisfaction scores. Demonstrates patient centered and patient valued behavior.
- Maintains a collaborative environment with other referring physicians, residents, clinical staff, and support staff to provide quality patient care.
- Supports academic, educational and research endeavors.
- Attends Performance Improvement Programs and Peer Review committee meetings; and is an active participant in the process.
- Partners and communicates with acumen to build a positive brand and patient/customer experience for those who encounter JPS Health Network and Acclaim Physician Group. This would include health network staff, vendors, outside partners, patients, stakeholders, and local community leaders.
- Serves as a resource to the community.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Current Medical Doctor (M.D) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree from an accredited school of medicine.
- Residency and/or Fellowship training within specialty.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Current, unrestricted medical license to practice in the State of Texas.
- Vascular Board Certified or Board Eligible
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of advanced techniques and theories in medicine within their field of expertise.
- Knowledge of safety and security principles.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Skill in solving mathematic computations needed to accurately calculate medication dosages and assist with reports and collection and analysis of data.
- Problem solving and innovation within field of expertise that demonstrates vision, follow-through, and ethical decision making.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with referring physicians, residents, clinical staff and support staff to provide quality patient care.
- Ability to provide leadership and motivate others.
- Ability to present information or ideas concisely, accurately, and clearly verbally and in writing.
- Ability to delegate tasks appropriately, with consideration for educational level, age and developmental stage of employee.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate patient centered and patient valued behavior.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires results.
- Ability to maintain a positive and effective working relationship with coworkers, patients, and visitors.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Allowable Time Off
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Options
- Professional Expense Allowance
- Relocation Allowance
- Generous Retirement (3 Tax Deferred Accounts Available)