Lead Breast Surgeon
- Position Type
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus generous bonus incentives.
Requirements: Board certification and the completion of an appropriate residency program and fellowship. Completion of Medical Doctorate (MD) is required.
- We are seeking an outstanding Lead Breast Surgeon to join our team of doctors that are members of the Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group. As a Lead Breast Surgeon here at VHC, you will enjoy the benefits of being a hospital employee and part of a multispecialty group comprised of 100+ members.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required as well as the desire to be part of a team that functions at the highest level.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance to include flexible working hours and offer a generous benefit package including malpractice coverage, health insurance, life, disability, 401K match, CME, relocation assistance (if applicable), as well as other benefits.
- Click on this link to visit our website for more details https://www.vhcphysiciangroup.com/careers/for-physicians/.
- A collegial and collaborative environment.
- Established Breast Surgery program within a Hospital employed multi-specialty Physician Group.
- Our hospital environment is one of clinical excellence.
- As a hospital-employed Physician you will have the full support of the administration including John R. Garrett, MD, FACS, Director of Physician Operations for VHC Physician Group, VHC's Chief of Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, and Chairman of the Virginia Hospital Center Health System's Board of Directors.
- Administration understands that keeping the patient load reasonable for its Physicians is essential to realizing the full benefits of our program.
Awards & Recognition
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally-recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- VHC is a top Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2017, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is recognized in Becker's Healthcare "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2018."
- VHC is a 394-bed, licensed, all-private room Hospital.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continue to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other greater DC areas, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
Apply for Lead Breast Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly