Orthopedic Surgeon - Viroqua, Wisconsin. Ideal situation
- Position Type
Gundersen Health System, based in Wisconsin is recruiting for an Orthopedic Surgeon. An ABOS certified or eligible surgeon will join one other surgeon to help with the growth of a large, elective joints practice in nearby Viroqua, Wisconsin. Gundersen seeks a surgeon who has an interest in total joints, sports or general orthopedics. Fellowship training is not required but preference will be given. This practice location is home to a high volume, well respected, high quality orthopedic surgical service line. You would be walking in to a very good situation if you value high quality patient care in a small, family oriented community. Viroqua is a dynamic small town in WI which needs to be seen to be appreciated. Call is roughly 10 days per month including one weekend.
Compensation is salary with full benefits menu which will move to a pay plan formula when your practice is ready. Appropriate student loan debt relief is possible making the total compensation, location, and team atmosphere a great and rare opportunity in physician friendly Wisconsin.
Gundersen Health System is:
*Physician-led organization that emphasizes quality.
* Main campus in La Crosse, WI with over 25 regional clinics in SW- Wisconsin, NE- Iowa, SE- Minnesota.
* Large, multi-specialty, non-profit group practice that employs 650 medical staff and over 8000 total employees.
* Academically affiliated with the UW-Madison.
* Very low physician attrition.
* Residencies, fellowships, research and UW Madison medical students in La Crosse.
* Our in house Global Partner’s program allows medical work experiences in underserved areas of the U.S. and Internationally.
* First health system in the U.S. to be energy independent at our La Crosse campus through Green initiatives. Envision program.