OB/GYN Residency Laborist
- Position Type
Sparrow/Michigan State University Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency program is seeking a board certified experienced academic OB/GYN physician to join our core faculty team. This is a full-time position with a clinical academic appointment with Michigan State University. Salary and faculty status are commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of post-residency experience and demonstrated clinical skills as well as interest in resident education and clinical research. Prior experience as a residency faculty preferred.
The residency program is an ACGME-approved program with 16 residents (4 residents/year).
Practice the full scope of Obstetrics and Gynecology including:
- Shared Laborist duties on labor and delivery
- Resident teaching/supervision in the ambulatory clinic for prenatal care and gynecological visits
- Resident teaching/supervision in the operating room including major and minor procedures direct patient care
- Residency program supported by Maternal Fetal Medicine, Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Endocrinology Infertility
About Sparrow Health System
- Partnership with the Mayo Care Network
- Top performer in quality initiatives
- State of the art EPIC EHR
- 4000-4500 births/year
- Level 3 Neonatology Intensive Care Unit
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- 2 DaVinci Robotic surgery systems with teaching consoles
- Lansing, Michigan Capital of Michigan
- Home of Michigan State University
Position is hospital employed and offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Relocation assistance negotiable, 401(k) with matching funds, generous CME benefits
- Malpractice insurance that includes tail coverage
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.