- Position Type
Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Transplantation
National Institutes of Health
Department of Health and Human Services
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), one of the largest Institutes of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), is seeking an exceptional and motivated leader to serve as a physician within the Autoimmunity and Mucosal Immunology Branch (AMIB) in the Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Transplantation (DAIT). DAIT supports basic, translational, and clinical research to improve our understanding of the immunologic mechanisms underlying autoimmune diseases, as well as clinical trials of immunologic approaches to treat and prevent these diseases. DAIT initiates approximately 25 clinical trials per year and supports 90 ongoing trials through the extramural clinical research program.
The physician will have a wide range of responsibilities relating to the oversight of a major extramural clinical research program. Duties include development of clinical trial research concepts and protocols, oversight and coordination of active trials, data analysis and evaluation, and publication of results.
- U.S. citizen
- M.D. or D.O.
- Board certification in internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, or dermatology
- Relevant training in autoimmune disease or medical subspecialty certification in areas involved in the care of patients with autoimmune disease
Candidates must have specialized experience in the following fields:
- Knowledge of basic immunological mechanisms and their importance in autoimmune disorders
- Strong analytical abilities with respect to all aspects of clinical research
- Clinical medicine, conduct and oversight of clinical trials, patient safety monitoring, and human research protections
- Clinical experience in autoimmune disorders
- Providing specialized medical expertise in identifying issues that affect the progress of biomedical research
- Analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting scientific and clinical data to prepare papers for publication
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present research findings to internal and external audiences
- Formulating methods to translate research priorities into scientific research agendas and long-term strategic plans
Visit www.USAJobs.gov and access the detailed vacancy announcement NIH-NIAID-DH-19-10361287 beginning December 5, 2018. Applications must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. on December 14, 2018.
Visit NIAID Careers for more information about working in NIAID’s dynamic atmosphere.
HHS, NIH, and NIAID are equal opportunity employers.