Thriving Organization with Great Communities seeks Geriatrician - 1hr SW of Chicago
- Position Type
Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has a hospital-employed opportunity for a full-time BE/BC Geriatric Internal Medicine or Geriatric Family Medicine physician who genuinely loves to work with patients in skilled and long term care nursing facilities. We’re also connected to a couple community hospices & home so someone with additional Hospice & Palliative Care training would complement this position. Overall, our current opening is supportive of true geriatric practice, in variety of possible settings (your preference!) including office (if desired), assisted living, subacute care facilities and inpatient care. The framework, a large patient population out of many facilities, is already in place with a rapidly growing Geriatric team. We are a well-established, independent community hospital with long-standing Emergency and Radiology Departments with great reputations. Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers has been dedicated to improving the health of area residents since 1906 and helps support several long term care and skilled nursing facilities in the surrounding communities.
- Current Referral Base – Join one of our practices of 1 physician and 2 APRNs, who take care of 60% of 400 geriatric patients, are on staff at local skilled nursing, assisted living and hospice facilities. Additional physicians round at hospice facility. Also, quick track to medical directorship, if desired, at some of these facilities – added monthly pay!
- Balanced Home/Work life – Our physicians have the autonomy to create their own schedule & patient visit cadence – you won’t see “conveyor belt” medicine here! Full-Time schedule is equivalent to 36 patient contact hours weekly. Equally shared call between physicians, plus have support from our experienced advanced practice registered nurses and excellent nursing and non-clinical staff members. Work together with a team who provide care and support for elderly patients and their families.
- Option to provide inpatient geriatric and/or hospice & palliative consults. Our hospital has an Established Hospitalist Program that gives great consults to patients and has been successful for physicians since inception (‘08).
- Level II Trauma Center, Level II Perinatal Care Provider, Primary Stroke Certified and we are part of an Accountable Care Organization, since 01/2015.
- Our advanced imaging services provide comprehensive diagnostic and interventional therapies, plus our hospital offers 24/7 STEMI Coverage with state-of-the-art Cardiac Cath Lab, Dialysis, radiation therapy services and much more!
- Renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients - done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since 1998.
Benefits Include: Guaranteed Base Salary + Starting Bonus ($25K), yearly Quality & Productivity Bonus, Relocation Assistance ($8K), Medical Education Loan Repayment Assistance ($20K yearly), Annual CME ($3K) & Practice Expense Allowance ($3K), Group Health (50% discount, for you and your dependents), Life, and Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan w/matching, Paid Time Off (5wks), paid gym membership & Wellness Incentive.
Our Hospital & Communities: At MHHC you'll find access to friendly partners and great specialists. We have a medical staff of more than 200 physicians covering 38 specialties (including 25 PCPs), who provide great quality care to patients in the surrounding 7 zip codes and 11 communities that represent over 170,000 residents in our service area.
In addition, our service area includes close knit, family-oriented communities with excellent education and employment opportunities and beautiful neighborhoods to raise children. You’re centrally located to be close to the city, or surrounded by nature! When you work at Morris Hospital, we are confident that you won’t be sitting in traffic on the way to and from the office. And yet, whenever you choose, it’s so easy to take a last minute drive into the city for dinner, the theater and a night out on the town. Living and working here is where you can truly enjoy the best of both worlds. Come discover why physicians who could work anywhere work here!
If interested, please submit your application and CV to Jennifer Goodwin, Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations.