Lead Physiatrist Opportunity with Veterans Affairs in Albany, NY -Assistance with Payment of Med...
3 days left
- Position Type
Lead Physiatrist (Section Chief) Opportunity in Albany, NY with Veterans Affairs
You will provide consultation, direction & coordination of care in all Neurology & Rehab Medicine services, ensuring the clinical quality and efficiency of care delivery. Provide comprehensive oversight for the electromyography program, the CARF accredited Low Vision Program and polytrauma program. Supervise all components of Rehab Medicine: physical therapy, occupational therapy, recreational therapy, speech language pathology & audiology. Perform EMGs, inpatient/outpatient consults, brace/amputee & polytrauma/TBI care.
Assess veterans by utilizing advanced clinical judgment and physical assessment skills to identify acute/non-acute/chronic health problems. You will order and evaluate appropriate diagnostic tests and conduct appropriate preventive screens. Deliver service with specific emphasis on pain management, oversight of short stay rehab services, neurodiagnostic testing & TBI exams. Provide guidance and supervision for Advance Practice RN. Assume complete professional responsibility for clinical assessments, patient-care decisions & documentation. Board certification is highly preferred.
Assistance with payment of med school loans is available!
- Competitive Pay
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional 7.5% of pay
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 Full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Physician Employment Contract
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility
VA physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. Plus, VA offers an unparalleled variety of practice options in research, academia, and administration. VA ensures and encourages a healthy work/life balance through predictable scheduling, reduced paperwork, the elimination of billing hassles, and lifting the burden of liability coverage.
Apply for Lead Physiatrist Opportunity with Veterans Affairs in Albany, NY -Assistance with Payment of Med...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly