Outpatient Primary Care Opportunity in Yakima, WA
3 days left
- Position Type
The VA Outpatient Clinic in Yakima, WA is seeking a full-time outpatient primary care physician to support our nation’s heroes. The Primary Care Provider serves as a practicing physician who is responsible for the overall management of patients enrolled for healthcare services provided by Walla Walla VA Health Care System. Responsible for administrative tasks associated with clinic operations.
You will work in a team setting with other physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, and support staff assigned to perform duties to accomplish the treatment of our patients.
Average panel size is 1200/1300
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be B/E or B/C
- Women’s Health experience preferred, but not required
- Computer skills are essential
- Must have full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in ANY U.S. State
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service
Community, Facility and Organization
Outdoor Adventure: Blessed with 300 days of sunshine each year, the Yakima Valley is the perfect destination if you like to play outside. It’s one of the few places in Central Washington where you can ski, bike, hike and golf, all in the same day. And the best part? It’s all just a short drive away!
Both the White Pass and Chinook Pass Scenic Byways funnel into the Yakima Valley, making the geologic diversity of the Cascade Mountain Range just a short drive away. There are also three major rivers flowing through the Valley, forming 109 different lakes and a total of 173 miles of flowing river, perfect for everything from fishing to rafting to standup paddle-boarding. All this geologic diversity means this is one of those places where you can ski in the morning, mountain bike in the afternoon, then golf at twilight. You know what the hardest part about coming to the Yakima Valley is? Figuring out what to do first!
Produce & Farms: The Yakima Valley pretty much invented “Farm-to-Table.” With more than 40 commercial crops, we have the largest variety of fresh grown produce in the Pacific Northwest. Enjoy the sunshine while you hand pick your own fruit, or stroll through one of the many Farmers Markets.
Hops & Beer: The volcanic soil and long, hot days makes the Yakima Valley the ideal place to grow hops. We proudly produce over 75% of our nation’s hops, which means there wouldn't be craft beer without our farmers! When you come to the Yakima Valley, you come to the source!
Wine Country: As the Yakima Valley's viticulture has matured over the last three decades, our winemakers are some of the most respected in the Northwest. With over 120 wineries and five AVA’s in just 70 miles, wine tasting in the Yakima Valley is a rewarding and unique experience.
Home to over 120 wineries and five American Viticulture Areas (AVA’s) in just 70 short miles, the Yakima Valley contains more than 17,000 acres of producing vineyards. We proudly produce over half of Washington State’s wine grapes, and support a huge number of winemakers throughout the Pacific Northwest, including Walla Walla, Woodenville and Oregon’s Willamette Valley.
As Yakima Valley's viticulture has matured over the last three decades, our winemakers have risen to become some of the most respected in the Northwest. The sunny slopes of the Yakima Valley foothills provide the perfect growing conditions for producing intensely flavored, balanced and complex wines such as Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Riesling, and Syrah, and our winemakers continue to bring in a steady stream of awards year after year
Unlike some of the more well-known wine growing regions, the Yakima Valley has some unique opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. Our wineries are unpretentious, the winemakers friendly and open, all of which makes wine tasting in the Yakima Valley an intimate and rewarding experience
Apply for Outpatient Primary Care Opportunity in Yakima, WA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly