Trauma Program Medical Director
4 days left
- Position Type
The department of Trauma/Surgical Critical Care/Acute Care Surgery is seeking a Trauma Medical Director for Essentia Health – St. Mary’s Medical Center. We are looking for an experienced Trauma Surgeon who can lead a practice of 7 surgeons and 10 Advanced Practice Clinicians.
- ACS-COT Level I Adult Trauma Center & Level II Pediatric Trauma Center.
- Annual trauma admissions approximately 1450 patients
- St. Mary’s Medical Center: 330-bed tertiary care center; Top 100 Hospital
- 11-bed SICU; 8-bed PICU; 10-bed Neurotrauma ICU, 10-bed Coronary ICU and 10-bed Medical ICU
- Essentia Health - Duluth: 165-bed specialty hospital with Burn ICU and rehab joined with SMMC by skywalk
- Solid referral base of 20 regional emergency departments with a committed emergency response system
- Trauma program staff includes: 7 Trauma Surgeons, Manager (CNS), Office Coordinator, 3 Trauma Registrars, 7 Physician Assistants, 3 Nurse Practitioners, and 1 Injury Prevention Coordinator
- NP and PA coverage 7am-11pm daily
- Administrative duties include those of a Trauma Medical Director and clinical duties of a trauma/acute care surgeon caring for the following types of patients: trauma, acute care surgery, surgical critical care, and burn
- Interest and willingness to collaborate with research projects
- BC/BE in General Surgery
- BC/BE in Surgical Critical Care
- Fellowship training in Surgical Critical Care or Acute Care Surgery
- Experience as a Trauma Program Medical Director at an ACS verified Level I Trauma Center (preferred)
- Duluth, MN –filled with natural beauty, green space, and creature comforts galore. Located at the Head of the Great Lakes.
- 150 miles north of St. Paul/Minneapolis
- Twin Ports population: 125,000
- Regional service area: 460,000 (up to 1.5 million based on seasonal/recreational influx)
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Search or Apply online at www.essentiahealth.org/careers or contact:
Nimet Jackson, Physician Recruiter
218-786-1035 • (fax) 218-722-9952
Apply for Trauma Program Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly