Emergency Medicine Physicians- Hawaii
- Position Type
Envision Physician Services seeks Emergency Medicine physicians for Kona Community Hospital on the Kona Coast of Hawaii.
- Physician Coverage: 24–28 hours daily
- APP Coverage: 12 hours daily
- 9- and 10-hour shifts
- Designated Nocturnist: 1
- Equitable Scheduling
- Annual ED volume of 22,000 visits
- 15-bed ED, plus 6-bed Fast Track
- Level III Trauma Center
- EMR: Soarian by Cerner
- Admission Rate: 15%
- 95-bed community hospital
- Additional 11-bed psychiatric unit
- In-house Hospitalist 24/7
- Part of the Hawaii Health Systems Corporation
Kona is the name of a district on the Big Island of Hawaii. In the current system of administration of Hawaii County, the District of Kona is divided into North Kona District and South Kona District. The term "Kona" is sometimes used to refer to its largest town, Kailua-Kona.
Kona is famous for sport fishing, snorkeling, sunsets and coffee. Some of the world's best beaches reside on the Big Island of Hawaii, including Hapuna Beach State Park and Mauna Kea Beach. The Hawaiian waters are clear, and full of corals, tropical fish, and sea turtles.
Kailua-Kona, with a population of 11,975, is the center of commerce and the tourist industry on West Hawaii. Located just 15 minutes south of Kona International Airport, historic Kailua Village (Kailua-Kona) is a lively seaside town. Once a sleepy fishing village and a retreat for Hawaiian royalty, Kailua Village is now a destination for affordable accommodations, great shopping, dining and learning about Hawaiian rich culture.
Stroll down the main road and you’ll find a variety of shops and restaurants. But look closer and you’ll also discover some very important Big Island historic spots. Kailua Pier is a great place to watch the sunset and is also the starting and finishing point of the Ironman World Championship and home of the Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament
Benefits and Compensation
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:
- Physician-led organization
- Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options
- “A” rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Colleague referral bonus program
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status
Envision Physician Services is proud to be an EOE/AA employer.