Physician (Emergency Medicine)
- Position Type
Salary Range: $120,000 to $365,000 Plus Incentives
Recruitment Bonus: Negotiable
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Fort Polk is home to Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital. The post is located on 198,000 acres and home to 22,000 mili-tary members and their families. The land includes archaeological sites, his-torical homes, parks and preserves.
BJACH has a 90% patient satisfaction rat-ing and has been recognized by the Army Surgeon General’s Office as the model for the Army Medical Department.
Leesville, LA has a population of 6,540. The cost of living is 18% lower than the US average. Mild temperatures during the winter months allow you to experi-ence all the beauty Louisiana has to offer. Hunting, fishing, boating and recreational activities are in abundance just outside of Ft. Polk. New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Houston, and Dallas are all within a few hours drive.
Employer matching 401K
Annual 13-26 vacation days,
13 sick days and 11 paid holidays
Potential paid move
Possible recruitment incentive
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% Business Travel required.
- Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
Work schedule will require evenings, weekends and holiday work hours.
The Physician (Emergency Medicine) position is located at Bayne-Jones Amry Community Hospital in the Department of Emergency Medicine, Fort Polk, LA. With more than 22,000 military members and their families, Ft Polk provides us with a diverse and wellskilled population. The area is considered rural with the Kisatchie National Forest, which offers hunting and recreational activities located nearby. Also located nearby is Toledo Bend, Vernon, and Anacoco Lake for those interested in fishing, boating, or swimming. For more information, please visit:
Management prefers candidates that are Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
Management also prefers applicants have extensive, current emergency medicine experience (working more than 20 hours per week for the past 12 months) in similar or higher level emergency care.
This position may require on-call hours. This position requires the applicant to be able to obtain and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) certification, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician (Emergency Medicine) you will:
- Triage, examine, diagnose, resuscitate, stabilize, treat or direct a course of treatment for a wide range of emergent patients from the pediatric to the geriatric patient; from seriously ill to the
- Examine patients and orders appropriate tests to evaluate patient’s chief, and related complaints; ascertains medical needs and initiates action to provide needed services.
- Responds to and provides support to in-house cardiopulmonary arrests (echo-medic) and emergency response systems (ERS).
- Prepare guidance, assistance, training, and instructions to subordinates for technical and administrative matters.
- US Citizenship
- Board Certification Preferred
- Basic Life Support - BLS
- Advanced Cardial Life Support - ACLS
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support - PALS
- Required regulatory licensure
- Periodic and random urinalysis drug testing
- Pre-employment physical
- Hepatitis immunization
- Seasonal influenza immunization
- Personal Protective Equipment required