- Position Type
PHYSICIAN (PEDIATRICS) LocationUS-AL-FT. RUCKER Job ID: 2018-4583 Positions: 1 Category: Medical Overview
Lyster Army Medical Clinic provides primary care and ancillary services to a military population that consists of active duty service members, their Families, a large retiree population and their Family members. The clinic, fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, is located at Bldg. 301, Andrews Ave.
The Department of Primary Care serves as the Primary Care Managers for TRICARE Prime beneficiaries. Individuals are assigned to a provider within the Department of Primary Care.
The medical offered includes primary care, Aviation Medicines Clinic, Physical Exams Clinic, Emergency Medical Services, Specialty Appointments, laboratory and pharmacy services, a Health & Wellness Center, Nutrition Clinic, pediatric care, and more.
There are also several TRICARE network hospitals in the close proximity.
The Fort Rucker Dental Clinic Command is an organizational element of Fort Benning, Ga., Dental Activity. It provides dental examinations, treatment, and consultations for active duty service members.
The Army Aviation Center, Fort Rucker, Alabama, is located in the southeast corner of Alabama. Fort Rucker is approximately 80 miles south of Montgomery, the capital of Alabama, and 20 miles northwest of Dothan, home of the National Peanut Festival. Florida's Gulf Coast lies 80 miles to the south. The communities of Enterprise, Daleville, and Ozark are west, south and east of the post, respectively and serve as the three main gates.
Physician (Pediatrics) performs in accordance with policies and guidelines established by the organization and supervisor. Exercises independent judgment with full responsibility for professional diagnosis, treatment, referral and disposition of patients.
Serves as Pediatrics Physician. Scope of services include, but are not limited to, examination, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of newborns, infants, children, and adolescents. Care provided includes a broad spectrum of health services ranging from preventative health care and developmental health care needs to the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases. Addresses the biological, social, and environmental influences of the developing patient, with an impact of disease and dysfunction on development. Takes ownership, responsibility for care of assigned panel of patients. Provides first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for newborns, infants, children, and adolescents according to current standards of care, the patient centered medical home model of care, Army policy, and relevant regulations. Leads a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively takes responsibility for the ongoing care of patients. Coordinates and/or integrates care across all elements of the healthcare system (e.g., subspecialty care, hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes) and the patient's community (e.g., family, public and private community). Completes required records (both paper and electronic) pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations. Properly safeguards all reports and records according to the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
Ensures the highest standards of professional practice and ethics are maintained.
Teaches and provides consultation to other health care providers as assigned.
Participates in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities as assigned.
Provides technical oversight of clinical staff (e.g. nurses, social workers, therapists, and various technicians) who is assigned to the medical home to enhance team-based care.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Must Haves: These requirements are necessary,
- In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Degree: from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant’s graduation, who has successfully completed an internship, residency in an accredited U.S. Training program approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospital of the American Association, substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
- Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
- Certification: Possess current board certification
- Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least 5 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Psychiatry. This required Psychiatry experience/training includes skills such as, but not limited to, a wide range of extremely difficult and responsible dealings with inpatient service, partial hospitalization service, intensive outpatient services, routine outpatient services, consultation liaison services and must be well-versed to transition to any area as required.
NOTE: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience.
- For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- These positions require a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- These positions are a Testing Designated Positions (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- These positions are subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. .
- A pre-placement physical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact.
- Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
Apply for Physician (Pediatrics)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly