The MAVEN Project
The MAVEN Project is a national telehealth nonprofit that supports primary care providers (PCPs) in delivering exceptional comprehensive care to patients nationwide via telehealth. We do this by recruiting and retaining a corps of experienced volunteer physicians who work closely with PCPs to educate, advise, and enhance in-place care capacity in community health centers.
The foundation of this work is a high-touch program comprised of three core strategies that enhance comprehensive patient care while supporting providers professionally and personally:
- Consults: consults between PCPs and physician volunteers on de-identified patient cases. We offer live video and phone consults, and asynchronous eConsults, which allow PCPs to email volunteers about anything from follow-up questions to advice on a proposed course of treatment.
- Education Sessions: focused on practical clinical care, these sessions occur in group settings and use a “grand rounds” model (often a case study or a disease-specific session) followed by rich Q&A sessions. Many of these sessions offer Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits.
- Mentoring: sessions between PCPs and volunteers support professional development and provide confidential spaces to ask questions. We offer two mentorship tracks:
- Clinical mentorship where PCPs are partnered with volunteers who have deep primary care experience.
- Leadership mentorship where clinic leaders are paired with volunteers with expertise in management and clinic operations.
Our Specialties & Service Area
Currently volunteers represent over 40 clinical specialties ranging from primary care disciplines to specialty care and connect with PCPs working in community health centers in rural and urban American across nine states and expanding.
What Our Physicians Have To Say
““This is my first Maven consult, and I'm BLOWN AWAY by this service. THANK YOU!! This call has had an immediate impact on my patient.”
“[Physician volunteer] was great! Efficient conversation. Able to focus on individual patient as well as some general management concepts. I look forward to more consultation with [Physician volunteer]."
Impact: Easily share your expertise by consulting, educating, and mentoring primary care providers caring for underserved populations across the U.S. via our HIPAA-secure telehealth platform.
Time Commitment: Minimal, flexible and you are in control of your schedule whether you are in active practice, industry, semi-retired or recently retired with an active license. Work from any location with your own computer or phone to connect to our telehealth platform.
Community: Be a part of the national and local MAVEN Project physician volunteer community for virtual and in-person opportunities to connect with dedicated volunteer colleagues across the U.S.
Malpractice Insurance: Covered! We provide malpractice insurance for your MAVEN Project-related activities.
How to Get Involved?
To learn more about volunteer opportunities with the MAVEN Project, visit our volunteer website.